Thursday, May 9, 2019

Warriors vs Rockets

Warriors vs Rockets : The Houston Rockets need to come away with a Game 6 win if they want to extend their season. However, luckily for Houston, the task may have gotten a tad easier after Kevin Durant suffered a calf strain that will keep him of the lineup for at least Game 6, possibly more. In a 104-99 Warriors Game 5 victory, Klay Thompson led the way with 27 points on 11-of-20 shooting while knocking down five of his 10 attempts from beyond the arc. Stephen Curry also added 25 points while Durant had 22 before being forced from the contest.

OAKLAND - When the Warriors left Oakland a week ago with a 2-0 lead over the Houston Rockets, most NBA observers predicted the Western Conference Semifinals would be wrapped up fast. 

Now, after two straight wins in Houston, the Rockets travel back to the Bay Area looking to take a stranglehold of the series in Game 5 Wednesday night. 

Pregame coverage on NBC Sports Bay Area begins at 6 p.m., with Warriors Outsiders, followed by SNC: Warriors Playoff Edition. Tipoff of the TNT telecast is scheduled for 7:35 p.m.

The Warriors come into the matchup battered as Shaun Livingston is questionable (hip soreness) and Andre Iguodala is dealing with a knee injury. For much of the season, the Warriors have said they'll bring their A-game when the stakes are the highest. If that's the case, Wednesday will be the best chance to prove it.  

The Golden State Warriors may have won Game 5 against the Rockets on Wednesday, but the team fears they may have lost Kevin Durant for some time.

During the third quarter of Wednesday's matchup, Durant left the game with a right calf strain and did not return.

In a losing effort, All-Star guard James Harden scored 31 points while dishing out eight assists. From an offensive standpoint, the Rockets struggled as they only shot 41.8 percent from the field. There are a number of fascinating storylines to watch as the two teams do battle in Game 6. 



Warriors vs. Rockets Game 5 watch guide: Lineups, injuries, player usage originally appeared on nbcsportsbayarea.com

Durant suffered the injury after pulling up for a jump shot along the baseline. He rose and appeared to step on the foot of Houston's Iman Shumpert, then grabbed his lower leg before departing with trainers to the locker room. He walked away under his own power.

The two-time reigning NBA Finals MVP was averaging 35.4 points going into Game 5.

Golden State Warriors forward Kevin Durant officially is out for the rest of the Western Conference semifinal series against the Houston Rockets with a strained right calf, coach Steve Kerr confirmed Thursday night. 

The decision was made after results of an MRI earlier in the day, hours after Durant was injured during Game 5.

The Warriors said he'll be re-evaluated next week. In the past, Durant has needed about a week to recover from similar injuries.

The Warriors lead the best-of-seven series 3-2 with Game 6 slated Friday night in Houston. Should the Warriors advance to the Western Conference finals, Durant may not be available for the opening games, but Kerr expressed hope he would be able to play.

1 comment:

  1. I am very much happy to share to every viewers that is reading this,I want to inform the whole public of how I got help for my herpes, I wanted this since 6 months ago, I have also taken treatment from some doctor,few weeks back I came on the net to see if I will be able to get any information as to cure my herpes, on my search I saw various testimony of people who was helped by a great man called Dr Akhigbe and without any hesitation, I contacted him, I wrote to him and and he guided me, I asked him for solutions and he started the remedies for me and indeed 3 weeks after I started using the medicine, I was completely happy as it worked for me.I went to the hospital for check up and indeed I was declared negative from my disease, and I also waited again for two weeks and went back to another hospital for check up to be fully sure and to my great surprise I was still declared negative, and I decided to share this great opportunity to those people out there fighting this sickness, You can contact him now for your medicine to cure your diseases, contact his Email;  drrealakhigbe@gmail.com     or     Whatsapp     +2349010754824    website. http://drrealakhigbe.weebly.comDr  Akhigbe also cure diseases like..
    HIV,  Herpes , Cancer,  Chronic Disease,  Asthma ,  Parkinson's disease,  External infection,  Als, progeria, common cold,  multiple sclerosis disease,   Nausea, Vomiting or Diarrhea, Heart Disease, meningitis, Esquizofrenia, Toxoplasmosis, Pulmonary Fibrosis,Diabetes,  Kidney Disease,  Lupus,  Epilepsy,   Stroke,Eczema, Erysipelas, Tetanus,  Eating Disorder,  Back Pain. Osteoporosis etccontact him for your solution.

    ReplyDelete

Warriors vs Rockets

Warriors vs Rockets :  The Houston Rockets need to come away with a Game 6 win if they want to extend their season. However, luckily for Ho...